Treated so bad by P.I.P — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Treated so bad by P.I.P

mags1111
mags1111 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi looking for some sense in all of this P.I.P

I am under the Mental Health and have been for years. I am sick of them keep taking my mobility from me. Last time I went to court 2016 and not one person there questioned me. They read my report and told me to go home and have a coffee and chill out, I could not believe it, and I had received it back the court had over turned P.I.P's decision.
Now I have had to do another review that is not actually due until Sept 2018. But had to fill review papers in on August 2017. My health is worse than ever and that was all written down on my review papers. They still then took my mobility from me. Numerous letters from 4 Doctors and my Nurse to state that I cannot go anywhere without someone with me. familiar nor in-familiar places. I have very bad panic attacks, cannot eat much as I had Anorexia, I don't sleep as you can see it is 5.45 am here and I am still up. Before my decision I was told I would have a home visit and needed yet another letter to have this home visit, to which I sent at the cost of 7.00 sent on next day delivery I send everything next day signed for as I have no trust in them just to push things to one side. So yet another letter from GP goes off as they demanded, then only 2 days later a letter to state I only scored 4 points...I was very angry and really think Mental Health is being discriminated against...I phoned them Thursday to ask for address to complain how I had been treated. The Man on the phone looked at all my paperwork, only to be told he did not have the qualifications to know why I only scored 4 points. He then passed me on to someone higher. She stated to me ( oh we have numerous letters stating you cannot go out anywhere on your own. And as my GP stated feared for my health. Yes suicidal. And as I stated to them I may be under the Mental Health but I am also a clever person. Please do not speak to me like an under dog as a few did so. Anyway I asked who makes the final decision and she said their Health team Doctors ect. And said there are a lot of letters here from your Doctors. Can you leave this with me please to read through everything on your file, and will call me on Monday. I will not hold my breath for a call back. But can this be over turned, as she stated maybe someone has JUMPED the gun too quick with their decision, (her words). I thought they are prob angry as I got my local MP involved and she wrote to a Mr Andrew Rhodes, head of DWP. Who by the way has not even replied to the MP though I did receive a call asking about my well being and if I had someone to call if I felt suicidal why I have no idea. So in the event I do not get my mobility back. I will go all the way with this Mental Health discrimination. I strongly believe they do discriminate. I have not got the energy to fight anymore, but will find the energy to fight against Discrimination. 
This all has just made me so much more ill, but also very angry. Mental Health causes Physical Health, as Physical Health can also cause Mental Health strain.

Any advice will be most welcome. And good to be here and read about others.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi mags and welcome

Thanks for sharing , it does often seem as though people with MH issues are at a disadvantage when claiming as are other invisible problems

I hope you get the right decision soon. Please let us know

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mags1111
    Hi CRebel

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I think the disadvantage with Mental Health with me anyway, is the way in which a couple of them really talked down to me. It really tiers you out fighting these people. I will let you know if I receive that phone call tomorrow. Not holding my breath.

And Thank You for replying.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    mags1111,

Hi, and welcome - very sorry you are facing reassessment, it is appalling, especially when you have already faced so much by going to a tribunal. I'm glad you have got your MP on board.

My only advice really is to keep these two issues separate:

your entitlement to PIP - if you have indeed only got 4 points and your PIP stops, then as you know, you have the right to a mandatory reconsideration and an independent appeal if necessary. It is the DWP decision makers that make the decision based on the health professional's report (which you should ask for)

your right to complain about the assessment company. Don't let that go, and get your MP to help. From what you say, you should get your home visit. But if you don't, or if you feel that you have had to do far too much to prove you need one, don't hesitate to complain.  You are quite right to point out that there is discrimination, and that mental health and physical health interact to make each worse. So, your treatment from the assessment company may not meet the conditions of the Equality Act, and that simply isn't good enough. You should point out any financial loss you've suffered (all the costs of those recorded delivery letters, for example), as well as the stress.

Good luck - I'm hoping there's been an error and you have got enough points for PIP, but if not, it's also worth saying to your MP that it really isn't fair that you should have to challenge yet another PIP decision so soon after you won at tribunal.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• mags1111
    Hi Will

Thank You for all the info. Had a really bad day today. One of those days you just cry. Though that is most days for me. I feel they are playing with my head, giving me hope then taking it away again.

I had my mandatory reconsideration, the letter has still not arrived. They had turned it down. 

The Lady who was so called one of the top people from PIP or DWP. She was the one that looked again at all my Medical letters sent. And she claimed on Thursday someone has made a big mistake here, and she wanted to look over everything and phone me Monday. Well she did phone me back today and stands by whomever makes the decision and says 4 points stand.
    All my Medical letters from my GP and my Nurse and 2 
    psychologist's stated very clearly they are very concerned for my safety and my Mental Health and physical health.
    As it states very clearly about my suicidal thoughts also in all the letters sent to them......And have so many panic attacks sometimes they really scare me. 

I saw my psychologist. today. He is very angry. What more can I give these people, if 6/7 letters are not enough, I have no idea now what to do. I have cried myself out with these people. And she states no point in a home visit we have made our decision. I am so glad you agree with 
    that mental health and physical health interact to make each worse.
    When I mentioned that she just spoke down to me, I cried all the way through her conversation. I do not, nor cannot go anywhere without someone in the car with me just to the local shop. 
    And no way can I follow any familiar route of travel I feel sick at the thoughts of leaving home let alone travel. I am so tired but I know they will just want me to give up.

Than You for all the support here. 

• AFB
    AFB Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
  • mags1111
    Don't even know if I am posting this in the right place. No sleep again. Seeing Doctor again tomorrow, he will give me yet another letter. Just don't see the point. I have no energy to fight these people anymore.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi mags1111,

Please don't give up - it's a shame people have to fight for what they are entitled to but we can't let the DWP get away with these poor decisions. Please follow Will's advice and go through the mandatory reconsideration process, try to get a benefits adviser in your local area to assist you, and see what your MP can do about it. Good luck!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• mags1111
    Hi Lee

Thank you, sorry I am just replying now. I have this awful flu and feel drained. 
    The Mandatory Reconsideration has been done over the phone. I received the letter from them. And it was dated from the 3rd.

My next step is the Courts, my Co Care worker is off work for 2 weeks. Impossible to get an appointment with C advice, welfare rights have closed down here I have tried ringing anyone and everyone with no idea who else to turn too.

At my wits end now. They made their decision on the 3rd of January, so have not got long to fill the form for Court in, honestly don't even know where to start.

My MP says she cannot get involved directly only the letter she sent to Andrew Rhodes. So she is a time waster for me, so angry don't know who to turn to.
    I really thought she would help.
    I know DWP was not happy about me sending in a complaint of me stating about Discrimination of Mental Health.

But I firmly believe they do discriminate.
    These people have never met me ever.

I feel so poorly with this Flu. I just don't know who to turn too next.

Mags
  • mags1111
    Hi Lee.

It has been a while since being here. I thought I would let you all here know I finally had my Court Tribunal on the 10th October. Waited since end of November 2017.
    My first Court appeal was feb 2016, which the Courts over turned and give me the highest rate of daily living and the low rate of Mobility until September 2018
    They then took my Mobility from me on Otober 2017.

Finally got my Court tribunal. The Judge has now awarded me full on both including full Mobility.

Managed to get a lovely Welfare Rights Officer to come with me.

She told me to ring DWP this morning.

DWP have received the paper work and Courts decision.

Now they are telling me it will be a long process, as they will decide if they are going to appeal yet the second Court decision.

So I am not holding my breath on receiving this money. Plus the Courts state I should have back payments from October 2017

Sounds to me DWP are once again going to dispute this Court Order.

Regards Mags.

• min73
    min73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    i suffer from anorexia severe anxiety and depression and arthritis,  i strongly agree that there is a massive discrimination against mental health i am having to go to tribunal for my pip as they only awarded me 6 points i’m so tired of fighting the system do people not understand how hard it is just getting through every day and then someone in an office say no we don’t believe you your fine and you have to prove it . i’m terrified of going to court i can’t go on my own it’s a nightmare . does anyone have success stories with anything like this please i need hope 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    min73 said:
    i suffer from anorexia severe anxiety and depression and arthritis,  i strongly agree that there is a massive discrimination against mental health i am having to go to tribunal for my pip as they only awarded me 6 points i’m so tired of fighting the system do people not understand how hard it is just getting through every day and then someone in an office say no we don’t believe you your fine and you have to prove it . i’m terrified of going to court i can’t go on my own it’s a nightmare . does anyone have success stories with anything like this please i need hope 
    I agree with you. In my PIP claim I omitted anything to do with mental health as I knew that whatever I put down would be ignored as the evidence that I had was so little and old. Instead I picked on the descriptors that would give me the points I needed and matched them to my other physical issues where I had good up to date evidence. Doing it that way I was awarded what I thought was OK. A lot less than what I believed I was entitled to but anything was better than nothing and not having to go to appeal.

• min73
    min73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you i tried that the best thing could i think cab are helping my appeal i don’t know what i’m doing 
  • Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Where do I find a welfare rights officer? Please, thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Singing said:
    Where do I find a welfare rights officer? Please, thank you
    You'll need to check what's in your area, if you have a welfare rights advice centre then it will be there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Thank you Poppy - 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.