If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Question about tribunal letter

HawkwindHawkwind Posts: 5Member Listener
Hi there, I was just wondering if, when you ask your doctor to fill out and sign the letter that I downloaded from the site 'Black Triangle' and he won't do it for you, is it worth just sending in the piece of paper that describes what the regulations are about? Just to make the DWP aware that you know all about them? And also in my letter to them are there any facts or words/phrases I can include to give me a better chance of winning? And finally, will my esa be back dated  if I win my appeal?  Thank you. 

Replies

• HawkwindHawkwind Posts: 5Member Listener
    Just to add to my post before this one, I meant to add that the letter I downloaded was from the 'Black Triangle' website that you can give to your doctor, about regulations 17 and 25, which he can sign and then you send it in with your letter, etc for your appeal or tribunal if you've either been found "fit for work" or placed into the "LCW group" (I think that second one's right, the first one definitely is) as extra supporting evidence. Just mentioning it in case any of you aren't aware of it and it might be helpful in your case as it will be in mine if my doctor does sign it for me. I'll find out tomorrow anyway when I go back and see him. Take a look at it anyway if you haven't already and hope it helps
  • tommtomm Posts: 139Member Talkative
    edited January 12
    I think you mean ESA regs 29 and 35 which can be very hard to establish in most cases , as for telling the DWP that you are aware of  all or just some of the ESA regulations won't have any effect either way

I have just found out that Esther mc vile is now  Secretary of State for Work and Pensions – Rt Hon Esther McVey MP Following the reshuffle  how is this even possible after what she and that other IDS did? 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 908Member Chatterbox
    There are no forms of words which will assist  You need to focus on the regs and make a case as to why regs 29 and 35 apply to you. In aiming at those I assume you are saying that you don't score enough to qualify by the ordinary route and have no choice but to use reg 29. You may want to check whether that is actually the case. 

When you are responding to ESA questions you need to bear in mind that for every question asked you're really being asked whether you can do something in a work context, safely and/or repeatedly. Those are the elements to focus upon. 
Sign in or join us to comment.