12yr daughter has anxiety and depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

12yr daughter has anxiety and depression

blue63
blue63 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited January 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi can you give me some advice we have cyps ict coming out to help my daughter  since October  2017 she is still not talking but is nodding yes no they are now saying that we may be getting home tutoring and have just had a psychologist out to talk to me about her and are saying if my daughter  will not do the things they want her to I have to take her phone off her till she does this is not a punishment but a consequence  this is not a naughty child but a very ill one I am worried I will not be strong enough any advice please.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @blue63,

I am glad you have help with your situation, but I know that providing support can still be hard. Have you had a look at Mind's website? They have a lot of information and support available on there for family members of people with anxiety and depression.

Also, have you had a look at our Parents and carers discussion group? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.