Why I’m happy about my “disabilities” — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why I’m happy about my “disabilities”

kellyj17
kellyj17 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 2018 in Coffee lounge
Since some perspectives on this forum fed into the thinking behind my recent blog post (particularly @Stayce), I thought I'd share it here, hope some people find it interesting :)

https://beetlekell.wordpress.com/2017/12/26/why-im-happy-about-my-disabilities/

Comments

• DylanEvans
    DylanEvans Community member Posts: 25 Courageous
    An interesting read :smile: I'm also a very academic sort and have always found it to be a great leveller where physical impairment is concerned. Of course our impairments affect our choices and preferences, but I'm still grateful to have found something that I love and that is mostly within my capabilities.
  • kellyj17
    kellyj17 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Thanks Dylan :) it is sometimes difficult to be at a disadvantage where deadlines are concerned, but on the whole it is great to be able to work productively despite impairments! I find academia to be a supportive environment where disabilities are concerned so long as you are open about your capabilities, and are sensible with workloads 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.