Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

princessapplehead
princessapplehead Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi all. Ive had a rather bad time of it for the last few yrs and its left its mark. Im on medication for generalized anxiety. Have seen therapists. I dont go out on my own and fear everything when i do. I have a toddler so going out is important for him. I also suffer wth sleeping problems and ptsd. Lots of lables. What help is there for someone like me. I dont see myself as disabled. But my condition is disabling 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi princessapplehead and welcome

Many of us have hidden disabling conditions but we are not disabled physically.

In the first place try the B&W self test for PIP

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

have a look around this site and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @princessapplehead, and welcome! I've moved this post into our ask a mental health advisor category, where somebody will hopefully be able to assist you further. It might also be a good idea to look at the above link provided by CR if you want to find out more about financial support.
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @princessapplehead I can hear how difficult things are for you at the moment and how important it is to you to get out for your son. In terms of the help for you mental health the advice I would give is to make sure you are accessing the help and support that you need but you mention that you have already seen therapists and are medicated. I am just wondering if you can tell me a little more about this and what has and hasn't worked for you? Rebecca

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.