Awarded ESA Support Group and also asked to attend Health Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded ESA Support Group and also asked to attend Health Assessment

Morena
Morena Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I was recently reassessed for ESA. I received a letter placing me back in the support group but I also received another letter requesting I attend Face to Face Health Assessment. On my ES50 form, i stated I have Agrophobia and my Gp stated the same in my medical records i sent them. I also requested a home assessment.  Can they ask that I attend a face to face assessed in this situation and if I've already been deemed to have Limited Capability for Work?

Lastly, as part of my reassessment, i sent them a sick note for 12 weeks.  Doesn't that mean i can't attend anything within the sick note time frame?

Comments

• Morena
    Thank you very much for your your reply.  
    My WCA deadline date was the 5th January. I received both letters Saturday . One awarding ESA Support Group and the other an Health Assessment appointment date. Seemed very strange to be awarded and then been asked to attend.
    The appointment is the 23rd. Not enough time to book another appointment with my Gp. Can that be bases for writing and saying i cant attend?

Plus I've already enclosed a sick note and two letters from my Gp from 2015 about my conditions and a print out of of medical history from December stating I have agrophonia and need to be accompanied to unfamiliar places,.  

Plan to call DWP tomorrow to make sure its not a mistake.
    Had started drafting letter that I can't attend due to ESA Award and sick note. 
    Very stressful and confusing! Not sure what to do!
  • Morena
    Thank you for your reply. I submitted my application before the 5th Jan. But by the 10th Jan, I'd received the appointment letter.  Hope to get letter from my Gp for home visit. 
    It now looks like the letter received from DWP is the  annual letter telling me about the esa rates from April. 
    My concern now is why the 12 weeks sick note isn't valid and I have to now pay for a written statement from my Gp?
  • Morena
    Yes the ESA50 was submitted on the 5th. First assessment was in 2015. Second ESA50 received just before xmas. 

• Morena
    Thanks so much for your replies. 
    I managed to get the appointment moved in order to book a Dr appointment to get the letter.  While speaking to him, I actually had an anxiety attack. He then give me a fax no to send the letter to.

I mentioned the Sick note. Said it was should of been sent to DWA. Called to quire it with them,  Decison Maker to call me back today.

I requested recording the assessment on my ESA form. Do I need to do that again by Phone?

Read something about a ESA85a/b and a LT54 form. They're something to do with Descision Makers and WCA score sheet. Do you know anything about these and when it can be requested?
  • Morena
    Thank you. ⭐️ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.