If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

This category is now closed

Please visit the relevant category below to post your question or join the conversation:

Carer's Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)


Universal Credit

What benefits am I entitled to?

View all categories

DWP Harassment

SMW83SMW83 Posts: 85Member Courageous
I believe I have been subjected to harassment by the DWP (I have discussed why I believe this extensively on this in previous posts so won’t deluge you with the specifics in this one) with me recently being subjected to an investigation into my personal circumstance by the DWP which when escalated to the Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate the investigation was deemed as having ‘no merit and the claimant (me) having no case to answer’. Owing to this I have submitted a Subject Access Request for all information pertaining to this investigation.

Should I obtain proof that this investigation was conducted without merit (which will in esscence prove my belief I have been unjustifiably targeted by the DWP), what action can I take against the DWP?


  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,757 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SMW83SMW83 Posts: 85Member Courageous
    edited January 2018
    Victoriad said:
    I would let sleeping dogs lie otherwise I think you would risk drawing even more attention from these agencies as you have proved your innocence anyway and not much point in rattling anyone’s cage.
    Whilst I am somewhat inclined to do so, this matter goes beyond just my individual case. Not only has a family member been subjected to similar behaviours by the DWP, having used this and other disability forums, I am aware that these tactics employed by the DWP are prevalent during many people’s claim to state benefits, many of whom do not have the capacity or ‘fight’ to contend these decisions. Therefore I do not feel able to ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ as this matter is ‘bigger than me’ and if my drawing further attention to myself stops one other disabled person being subjected to similar ‘persecution’, then I believe it to be worth it.

    I would also suggest that if raising this matter with them, drew further scrutiny from the DWP then this would offer further evidence of the harassment I believe I am being subjected to. 
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,477Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @SMW83

    You might want to take advice from The Law Centre?
    Senior online community officer
  • SMW83SMW83 Posts: 85Member Courageous
    edited January 2018
    @Sam_Scope Thank you for your reply. Owing to my illnesses I am housebound and unable to engage with males, therefore my local Law Centre is extremely restricted in the assistance they can offer me hence me posting here too see what action I can take without any outside assistance.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,477Administrator Scope community team
    Im sorry to hear that @SMW83 - we are very limited in the advice we can offer with legal matters I'm afraid.

    The Law Centre website says:

    If you do not have a local Law Centre where you live, you might still get help with your problem. Here are some sources of information and advice.

    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.