Hi, my name is sam1986! Help with a PIP Tribunal Appeal please!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sam1986! Help with a PIP Tribunal Appeal please!!!!

Options
sam1986
sam1986 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone help with my sisters appeal with giving advice?
My sister is 21 and has not had PIP help since May as we have been waiting for this date.
My sister solely relies on my mum as she has Aspergers but my mother now seems to be getting punished with not having asked for help when my sister was young and she did everything herself. No doctors referrals or statements etc.
We have the backing of my sisters primary school teacher and she has written an amazing letter to the judge. She has put my sister across in a way that suits her perfectly that we would not have been able to as we just see her condition as the norm to us.
She cannot go out on her own. Would not be able to get public transport alone, cannot count money, wears clothes once and they will feel funny so have to be thrown away etc. My sister literally cannot survive on the small amount she has from DWP and my mother cannot leave her by herself. She forgets to take her anti depression medication and has a nut allergy too along with Asthma. If my mum wasn't her full time carer she could potentially put herself in a life threatening condition.
As I say, any advise would be so appreciated. I dont know what else I can do to help.
Thanks

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sam1986, and welcome to the community! Best of luck with your sister's appeal, it sounds like you're well-prepared and I hope you get the outcome you're hoping for. You might like to have a read of this advice on appealing a DWP decision, and do feel free to ask any questions you may have- many of our community members have been through the process themselves. Best of luck!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.