I had a stroke and now trying to get back into full time work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had a stroke and now trying to get back into full time work

gailsharon
gailsharon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in Work and employment
Hi thanks for adding me I am a 47 year old woman who had a bleed on the brain six years ago that resulted in a stroke affecting my left side I was a full time lecturer of further education I am trying to get back into full time work

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gailsharon
    Welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the Ask an employment advisor category where I hope the team will be able to offer some support.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Rian_Alumni
    Rian_Alumni Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Good morning @gailsharon

I am Rian from Scope Support to Work we are a Light touch Employment digital Service, we are sorry to here about your stroke and we are glad to hear you are feeling ready to return  to employment. I feel you would find our service right for yourself as we would be able to assist you in moving closer to the job market. As I said we are a digital service so they're no face to face appointments and all appointments are done via Phone, Skype Video or Skype Chat along with Email or Text message, you will have one sole adviser who will work with you up to 12 weeks to help you in moving forward and back into employment.

to register for the service please go to:

www.scope.org.uk/support/services/employment/support-work

Rian
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.