Dyslexia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dyslexia

Options
ladykholoud
ladykholoud Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello does anyone know, can a child with dyslexia  claim  PIP ? 
Thanks 
kim

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ladykholoud
    Welcome to the community, PIP is around how the impairment affects day to day life.  There is a PIP self test you can fill in here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Allycrazyhorse
    Allycrazyhorse Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi I'm also wondering could I get help on reviving help for my daughter whom is dyslexia I have battled for years even to get her diagnosed its a long story but let's say I was pushed from education board to doctors. Etc the child lost out on a lot of school years and now is 13 and revives help from class room assistants n took from class for help.. I gave up on the past as I was pushed from person  To person but would like to know could I receive help for her... She deserves it after all these years to get the help I'm at a lose end being a single parent with child also with type 1 diabetic. And could I get the help for my eldest many thnks for any information 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Allycrazyhorse, the online benefits calculator could be a good place to start in terms of seeing what you're entitled to!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.