Unseen disabilities and self catheterisation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unseen disabilities and self catheterisation

Jasina
Jasina Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my name is Jasina! I'm interested in groups/support which are concerned with unseen disabilities, especially self catheterisation 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Jasina and welcome to the community.

Hopefully someone will be able to help with your enquiry

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Jasina, welcome to the community!

I have moved your post over to our Invisible impairments group as it seems to fit what you're looking for.
    I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!
  • wendyh
    wendyh Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    My daughter been self cathertising since she was 15 and apart from family she has had no support from anywhere x
  • Jasina
    Jasina Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have been self catheterising since 1996. i sometimes feel that I "smell of urine" despite my friends and family telling me otherwise, and this can impact on me so much that I often don't want to go out. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way, so just to let others know, you are not on your own. I think that, because we are so worried about this happening, we become preoccupied with it and smell things when there is no smell there.
    I also think that having a forum where we can discuss various issues with people who know what it's like to self catheterise, is going to be really useful.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.