Sleep problems — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sleep problems

nicw3
nicw3 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited January 2018 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi. My 13 year old son has just recently been diagnosed with ASC, Aspergers and he takes ADHD meds. His sleep has always been problematic. I recently saw one CAMHS worker who suggested Melatonin but the CAMHS worker who prescribes the ADHD meds said that melatonin would not help my sons sleep problems. Is there anything you can suggest please? Can I as a parents disagree and simply ask if we could trial Melatonin to see if it has any effect on his lack of sleep? I don't just ask because I'm worn out with lack of sleep I ask because I'm a single parent of 3 children and the lack of sleep effects us all!! This has been ongoing for years and that is no lie. My other son recently started high school (he's 12) and they have been ringing me with 'causes for concern' as he is so tired. It is becoming increasingly exhausting for all of us. any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.