Pip mobility component — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mobility component

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
hi, about three years ago I got pip on mental health grounds but no mobility components at all, I’m wondering if the recent decision about planning journeys etc will mean that they look back at my initial application from about three years ago and now pay me the mobility component, because at the time I said that I had trouble planning journeys but also I needed someone with me due to extRememanxiety when travelling, in fact at the time I didn’t go out at all! At the time whoever looked at my claim said they couldn’t give me anything for mobility as they wouldn’t pay for taxis or anything like that.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There are no grounds to look at your claim as you were assessed on the descriptors that were in force prior to the change in march. The recent decision has overturned the march change, so the descriptors are once again as they were when you were assessed

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.