Tribunals — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunals

soapylil
soapylil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
my husband has CPTSD and had a tribunal where they grilled him for two solid hours they did at no point allow me to help him even though he was in great distress he lost all of his PIP . We managed to get some back but he lost his mobility component . Since then I have been through hell and back with his constant mode swings , he has seen a pyscitrist for two half hour sessions who say he might have bi polar or asbergers but they have always seen him on a good day . He also had his cartilage taken out at 29 years old he is now 64 so bone on bone has been rubbing ever since so he is in a lot of pain it has caused problems with his hip and shoulder his previous job that involved lots of walking and dealing with people with a disruptive behaviour hence the shoulder injury . So he is in constant pain and pushes through the pain the best he can but his quality of life is restricted plus his mental health issues doesn’t allow him to occupy his mind as he should it one visious circle . We now have a second tribunal to attend but not holding out much hope as the pyscitrist report is not as I would like it there are over 12,000 patient to one pyscitrist in wales there’s no support or help . I also have several health issues that cause many problems. I’m dreading the next tribunal as when my husband had his last appointment to see the speacilist about his knee I was in a lot of pain and unable to travel he had to stay at home to look after me . 
Plus we have given up our home because neither of us can manage anymore so we are living in a old motorhome . I need advice and help how to deal with the next tribunal the first one was hell and even the court lied , it’s beyond belief what is going on I really am struggling to carry on . I have myself Plantis fasiatis , DVT s injections daily , pubis symphysis syndrome , arthritis , fibromyalgia and double incontinence I’m unable to take strong pain killers due to many years on morphine and have some form of stomach damage . I can put one leg in front of the other but have to use crutches and and an electric wheelchair when needed . My husband is my physical career and I’m his mental career I have to make sure he takes his meds I have to control finances and incorrage him to function , wash and cook so life is tough . My husband can also put one foot in front of the other but he is always in pain , sleep is disturbed for both of us and we don’t sleep together as he has some awful nightmares and never still all night because of pain . I’m sure I’ve missef out many thing in this post to say but you have now got the basics . Any advice gratefully received 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi soapylil and welcome

Is this tribunal for your husband ?
    If so then it is important as the mobility award that he takes past retirement will not be increased in the future. This is likely to be his last review before unless he developes a new or worstened condition for a change of circumstance before next birthday

Do you claim PIP for yourself ?

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria. Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • soapylil
    soapylil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes the tribunal is for my husband and yes I get PIP for myself I get the mobility part and standard care . But they seem to be ignoring his mobility problems because he has to care for me . They are also failing to ignore the mental health issues . The money side is not important but I need for them to recognise he has problems .   
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences @soapylil, I imagine you have a lot to deal with without your tribunal issues. If you haven't seen it already, you may also like to check out this guidance on appealing DWP decisions. Do keep us updated and I wish you all the best for your upcoming appeal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.