Benign Brain Tumour and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benign Brain Tumour and PIP

Options
midlandsrose
midlandsrose Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a benign brain tumour and have been on high rate mobility and middle rate care on an indefinite period. I have been told to apply for pip which I have done but now I am a mess thinking how I will cope without financial support if PIP say no... my application has been forwarded to Capita I know I cant even cope with the face to face as I have depression and anxiety.. I'm scared of being asked to attend a face to face all I hear is the assessors lie anyway... will I get a face to face will I get the PIP........ 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @midlandsrose, and welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling great about your PIP assessment, the waiting time is often really difficult for people for the exact reasons you've mentioned. Do keep us updated with your progress and we'll assist wherever we can, and we also have plenty of friendly community members who've been through the process themselves and will do their best to help you out. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.