Welfare meeting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Welfare meeting

Options
yas
yas Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
Hi 
Ive recently had to be out of work due to a back disease and I have my second welfare meeting at work tomorow, feeling quit nervous has anyone got experience of This? 

Comments

• Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    Best advice I can give you is not to quit, it's classed as making yourself unemployed and has a huge impact on the support you could receive afterwards. I have been in the same situation a few times and normally when it has happened the employer has let me go on medical grounds and you normally I have got  a sum of money. For me it was hard as I don't like to admit that I can't do something. Be honest with the people in the meeting, they may surprise you and give you additional support to say in employment 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi @Yas

There is some information here about reasonable adjustments in work that may help?

Hopefully, your work are going to use this time to support you as best as they can. let us know how you get on.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @yas, how did your meeting go? I hope you found the above advice helpful!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did you get on @yas ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.