Recruiting PhD participants! :) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recruiting PhD participants! :)

shaunak
shaunak Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi All,

My name is Shauna Kearney, and I am a second year PhD student in Coventry University, in the field of disability studies and parasport events. My PhD research is looking into the legacy of the Paralympic Games and the lived experiences of people with disabilities following the hosting of a Paralympic Games. I have recently returned from data collection in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. My study is a comparison between London 2012 and Rio 2016 to compare the differences experienced by people with disabilities in a developed versus a developing country. 

For London, I am looking to interview people with physical disabilities only (as this is what my ethical clearance granted by Coventry University allows) who have lived in London since 2009 or before. All participants must be over 18 years of age and the interview length ranges from 30-60 minutes on average. I can travel to London to conduct the interviews or they can take place via Skype if preferred.

If you are interested and would like to take part or discuss the study further please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Many thanks,

Shauna

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.