Anxiety about ESA assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety about ESA assessment

Joseph99
Joseph99 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all good to be here.I have my ESA assesment on Monday and my nerves are pure shattered.I didnt enjoy Christmas and ive been a wreck since finding out about it.I was meant to go last week and my taxi ordered by the centre didnt appear.my brother will accompany me on Monday.Any advice Thanks all ✌♥️Berny

Comments

• Joseph99
    Thanks mike i shall take your advice good advice regarding finding out about the points system.I have another issue now.I tried to book a taxi for monday and the guy said I needed to give them 7 days notice so it wasnt possible.I am very worried about this as he is going to send me a letter to explain why I did not go.I just know they will stop my benefits.I shall try contact citizens advice.Thank you for reading my reply
  • Joseph99
    Im just worried that they will just cancel my esa.  Thanks Mike Im away to try meditate and get myself less anxious.I shall be back.you have helped lots I thank you so
  • Kelli
    Kelli Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    They was very quiet and calm and very friendly and understanding. The person who came to me at home saw how scared I was and said that they are just seeing if I was on the right amount and at one point said that sis I need a minute alone to calm myself down again. She was very good and very different from what people said that they are like. I am waiting still to hear from them and what the outcome was but overall at the moment I am very happy with how she was and asked the questions and if I wasn't sure what she meant she just asked it in a different way. I would just remember that they are just the same as us and the person who came to me said that even she gets nervous about asking people about the question. They have been trying to come and see me for a month before we had the manager asking why was we cancelling the appointments all the time but as soon as we explained that it had to be in the afternoon cause of medication they said is that why you cancel the appointment and we just said yes they keep sending morning appointments and then when we asked most of the time they was also trying to send men but cause of past abuse,the manager was very understanding said that he was sorry that even though you said that it had to be a female and in the afternoon and everytime the letter was for mornings he then asked what appointments did I have and then he sorted it out for a female and in the afternoon he just couldn't stop apologising for the mess ups. They came out on the 8th and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet but they did say that there is a backlog at the moment and they are trying to sort it out but I will phone them up next week to see what is going on. Just remember that they are trying to help you not trying to catch you out. Good luck. 
  • Joseph99
    Thanks Julie for your reply.It was very helpful.I have decided to request a home visit also as my nerves are shattered and this medical has took over my whole life.I have been physically sick several times..  I hope things work out for you also x
  • Joseph99
    I shall request a female also thanks 
  • Joseph99
    Thanks tom im going to see my doctor tomorrow
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Joseph99, do keep us updated and let us know if there's anything we can assist you with!
  • Joseph99
    I will thank you so. 
  • Maryjayne23
    Maryjayne23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi all.
    I have my esa Health assessment tomorrow (7th Feb 2019) I have a mental health condition ans im really nervous a I don't know what to expect. Anyone's here tell me please. 
    Many Thanks?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all.
    I have my esa Health assessment tomorrow (7th Feb 2019) I have a mental health condition ans im really nervous a I don't know what to expect. Anyone's here tell me please. 
    Many Thanks?
    Hi,

During the assessment you'll be asked questions about how your conditions affect you. You'll be assessed on your ability to do any type of work. You'll be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave, so be aware of that. I'd advise you to take someone with you as this can help any anxiety you have. You'll have to answer all the questions but it often helps knowing there's someone there you know.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.