Council disabled housing rights — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council disabled housing rights

Rjb1982
Rjb1982 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
I was told recently that in my city of Stirling that if you got a disabled or disabilities that you ger housing and there someone bullies me just because I take the bus  and he doesn't pay anything to the council because it paid for him and in disabled housing when he can walk what is everyone thinks I'm about this 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rjb1982 and welcome to the community.

Disabilities can add to the points needed to improve how high up you are on the priority list, though by no means does having a disability guarantees a person a council home.

Bullying is never acceptable, have you reported this to your housing officer or scheme manager?

Many social tenants have their rent, council tax and service charges paid via the benefit system and this is not exclusive to those with disabilities. Without this support far more people and families - unemployed or working - would be homeless.

The ability to walk does not preclude someone from having disabilities.

Sorry not sure which part you were asking for opinion on.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.