Need breaks to recharge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need breaks to recharge

beccinunya
beccinunya Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there i have bipolar disorder and my 7 year old son has adhd, im on my own trying to cope but i cant i need just a little break to recharge now and then, we need some family help 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hello @beccinunya, welcome to the community!

I've moved this post over to our Parents and carers group, to see if any of our other members can provide any suggestions and support. We also have a page about support for carers that may be useful.

I really hope this helps! Please do get in touch if you have any questions.
  • shirleygreen
    shirleygreen Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Do your local Social Services not offer any Respite care? I hope you can get some help. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • beccinunya
    beccinunya Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi shirly thanks for the msg i am thinking about social services but om scared of them. But im willing to try anything. 
    Victoria thanks im going to google. Thanks for the help ladys x

• marshy1950
    marshy1950 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Beccinunya!

Thought I'd add a bloke's view, which, you've probably guessed already, is that I've no idea!!

But I did come on with a very serious aim, which was to say big up you, for asking the question.

It's clear, from what you've revealed about your diagnoses, that you and your lad have far more challenges, in just getting through each day, than the vast majority of any single parent.

The best advice I ever got, and it can be applied to so many things, is, "keep on keeping on". So simple, so memorable and I hope, if you get a little stuck and there's no one to encourage you, that you might remember those four words.

Be bold, too, when you speak to any of the Agencies. And remember, they're only human beings and, if they frighten you, remember too that they go to the toilet, just like all of us here.

Kinda puts things into perspective, don't it??

Much love to you and your son.

Andrew
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beccinunya, do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any assistance!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.