If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Free dating sites

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 77Member Courageous
Hello I just wanted to ask whether if there were any completely free dating sites as I believe there has got to be free ones out there?
S.York

Replies

• MatildaMatilda Posts: 2,614Member Disability Gamechanger
    Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid are free.
  • BigGeomanserBigGeomanser Posts: 3Member Listener
    edited April 2018
    I can advise the site on which I met an excellent girl, but after the meeting, alas did not agree with the characters. This is Russian and Ukrainian dating agency “UkReine.com”. 
    And if you are interested in local it is necessary to search on local sites,but there are many fakes

• redhead53redhead53 Posts: 35Member Connected
    try x hamster not any Russian sites most are full of scammers

• smiler43smiler43 Posts: 33Member Connected
    I'm on freedating completely free to chat etc there is a disabled  section  to so you have able bodied or disabled  and local search .
  • TopkittenTopkitten Posts: 962Member Pioneering
    The number of free sites depends on whether you are male or female. For the ladies there are many sites but for the guys very few. I have tried 3 free sites and the best of them was pretty bad. The worst was really awful seeming to be a contact site for people and couples into some of the more extreme sexual behaviours.

I have also tried 4 paid for sites with very little success, even one that was exclusively aimed at the disabled. I have memory issues at the moment and cannot remember the name but it seemed to have a number of ladies not real and of the others almost every contact I made were looking for someone to look after them. Those that contacted me were looking for someone to look after. Neither of these options was appropriate for me.

Generally being disabled is extremely limiting for finding a real relationship.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    edited August 2018
    try pof  plenty of fish

• SmileygotwellSmileygotwell Posts: 25Member Courageous
    Free try 'free online dating' @ free dating.co.uk
    An excellent site which is slowly growing into a pretty large site, with brilliant features such as a forum divided into all sorts of sections, which anyone can read and you don't have to pay to contribute to. Best of all though is that once you join you can communicate with anyone for free. 
    I've made a number of good friends through the site as well as a number of enjoyable dates so, all the best if you give it a go.
    freedating.co.uk is the only site that compels people to answer if they are disabled or not.  People should be able to keep their status confidential until they wish to disclose it.
  • SmileygotwellSmileygotwell Posts: 25Member Courageous
    Have you tried simply not disclosing either and moving on to the next question? I realise once a choice has been made it can't be removed but if you aren't happy about it, try deleting your first profile attempt without saving it and try again, only answering the questions you choose to. I wonder what F.O.D. moderater would suggest? I am sure they would be happy to respect your wishes, @matilda.
    It is not an option to ignore the question.  I did that and got a message that I must select a response. The only options are Yes or No.  If the q. is ignored then it is not possible to register.
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 801Member Pioneering
    Just a word of warning.....

For anyone looking for anykind of relationship or Love on the Internet, remember be mindful of what your doing, and be very careful in giving any personal details.

:)  Good luck.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

"This must not be allowed to happen"

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has published a contract notice announcing its plans for a £3.1billion revamp of heath checks for Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and other benefits.

PIP is not ESA or even UC, having one assessment for those benefits is morally wrong to treat them as ONE size fits all with that one assessment.

Latest update 9th May 2019

DWP confirms single assessment plans, despite Tomlinson confusion

The government has confirmed that it is pushing ahead with plans to test how it might be able to merge two disability benefit assessments into one, despite comments from a minister that appeared to suggest that no such plans were being discussed.

But DWP has now made it clear to Disability News Service that testing of a single assessment will be going ahead.

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,844Member Disability Gamechanger
    @Matilda I just tried that site and couldnt understand why there were only two options for that question only. They could easily put other. I tried it for a day and got suspended lol. I kept being badgered by men wanting pics when I choose not to put any up. So I selected random joke face pics and put them up and hey ho gpt suspended. Full of creeps

I am a fibrowarrior!
    @debbiedo49

I wasn't very impressed with that site, either, so I deleted my profile.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sannie Nureeden
  • satire62satire62 Posts: 4Member Listener
    I find it quite difficult to date or even to find anybody to date... lol I like to be very honest when meeting somebody even if it's online and as soon as I tell them I'm disabled the next topic is, "Can you still have sex?."
  • janekim96Pjanekim96P Posts: 44Member Courageous
    That's terrible to hear I was thinking of trying an online dating site but won't bother now sorry you were put through that it's awfull that men seem to only want pics and not conversation  😠
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    try passion.com plentyof fish xhamster at least you see who they are

• Rebel70Rebel70 Posts: 6Member Listener
    Hi

Any ideas where the best site for a lesbian with disabilities is. I've done plenty of fish and was bombarded with women who just want sex and nothing more. I even had to resort 2 to the police beach's they wanted to me have a threesome with them and their daughters. Sick!!!!

I don't want to be bombarded by men who think they can change me  I'm 48 and my life is limited so don't get out to meet anyone. I've been alone 8 years and it's time for me to meet Miss right lol. 

Thanks all

Tracy
    I used freedating for a while and cannot say it was particularly good though it was about the best of the free sites for men. There are considerably more free sites for women as some of the "pay for" sites allow women to use for free, at least at times. I answered the disability question truthfully and that definitely made things more complicated and I never had a proper date from it but that was mostly because very few women like complete openness and honesty, despite what they say. I did use the forums for quite a while but did find that there was a number of people all clubbing together and excluding others, often ganging up on them and being borderline insulting. Eventually I upset one of such a group, a lady, over the lack of people answering the disability question honestly. That lady stressed over and over it wasn't important until she eventually admitted to being disabled and saying she wasn't. Afterwards I felt sorry for her because she was immediately and very dramatically verbally attacked, especially by the men trying to date her who felt cheated. The lady was soon forced to leave altogether to avoid the abuse and ignorance. However, if she hadn't lied in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

As much as I would like to go on dates at times I distrust dating sites generally as on most of them being disabled makes a person a pariah. I have had some attraction locally, despite my problems, and then I at least know what the person looks like, how they behave and have some idea what they are looking for. I still do not think there is a better way.

The biggest problem with dating sites that I have found is that the majority of men claim to be single (when some aren't) and are really looking for sex and that most women are suspicious of exactly that.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
    @Matilda I tried that site too it was awful so I deleted my proflle after a few days. Then I tried match. Com which was similar and left too. The people I talked to were either fantasists liars or just looking for sex which wasn’t what they’ve put on profile. It’s all very sordid on some sites. I think I will stick to waiting on my knight in shining armour lol. It’s made me think more about people I meet in real life as potential friends or partners rather than online although same things could happen. It’s a mine field lol

I am a fibrowarrior!
    I have more recently become housebound and do appreciate how difficult that makes things for romantic connections. Fortunately I am old, been through it and am too crippled to get involved again so life, in that respect, is much simpler.

There is nothing inherently wrong with living alone although it can make MH issues worse and people are so brainwashed into thinking they MUST have someone in their life. Online and f2f friends are usually a much better option for most of us because connections also bring complications with them.

Physical connections have alternatives although most people are against such things for one reason or another but although they can still bring complications and risks are, at least, available. Even friendships bring along complications though. I feel really sorry for youngsters who have had no chance to experience such things but I would like to point out that very few relationships now last very long now and sometimes it is easier to miss out on the bad times by missing out the fewer good ones.

It is said that "it is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all" but I disagree. My life has been filled with many more bad times than good despite being honest, loyal and giving by nature. More often this has just led to myself being taken advantage of. Please remember one very important point though. There is much more physical and emotional abuse in relationships involving the disabled than in relationships involving healthy people. Why this should be I do not know but it is unfortunately true and have met a few disabled ladies who have known nothing but abuse in their relationships. The whole idea of relationships can be a minefield for the disabled.

In a way I am lucky in that I have 3 grown children that I love dearly but who have disappointed me in so many ways. They give me less support or even interest than I gave to my mother when I was already disabled and she healthy. Real love is hard to find and for myself that was only once and that caused me as much grief as all my other relationships put together. My love was not returned and this is far more common than people like to believe.

Now I deliberately restrict my connections to friendships and even that doesn't always work out due to the brainwashing of others and nonacceptance of refusal.

Sometimes I wish I could pass on my experiences in an emotional capacity rather than written. It might just explain things better.

TK
    I have spent most of my life single by choice. It would just be nice to have someone who wants to love me and take card of me for a change lol! Only taken me my whole life to decide this lol! But I will still be okay being single regardless. 

I am a fibrowarrior!
    I'd prefer to have a partner but only someone compatible.

I've known four people meet long term partners on dating sites.  Maybe its a matter of luck.  One used Plenty More Fish and another answered an ad in the personal column of a local newspaper.
    I've used plenty of fish and it was full of idiots. I had 2 women ask if I wanted sex with them and their under age daughters. Lots of dating sites say they are free  They are to register but then you can't see the messages people send unless you pay. I'm not into the gay scene so it's hard for me to meet that special lady  I am able bodied but have fibromyalgia, osteopenia, cervical spondylitis and vulvadynia  as well as suffer with terrible migraines and vertigo so have many days where I'm not very mobile  I do push myself to do things when I can but pay for it for a few days after  I just want to meet someone special who will treat me with love and respect. I've been single nearly 9 yrs now and am ready to move on. I'm ok single but want that intimacy that I really miss and which your friends can't provide. If anyone knows of a really good dating site please let me know. 
    Quite a few people on dating sites are emotionally disturbed and not ready for a new relationship, for example not 'over' their last relationship.  The technical term is 'time wasters'.
  • smiler43smiler43 Posts: 33Member Connected
    I have meet a lovely man I met online on free dating after few bad experiences online . We meet soon 22nd and while yes have to be careful there are positive experiences of this online thing some carers I have are married met online . There are good men out there and women.  Yes most want payment but free dating is free but you have to find the good ones.
  • Becky270Becky270 Posts: 5Member Connected
    Hi! I met my partner Dan on the app Bumble. It's free, but as with most apps there are options to buy 'add ons' and enhancements. Good Luck! I talk lots about dating and relationships with a disability on my blog: https://headoverwheelsx.com/
    Becky :smile:  
    X
  • Whishour44Whishour44 Posts: 2Member Listener
    I can totally understand the pain of finding dating sites which are actually 'Free" rather than just saying. Here are some of the dating sites which I have tried myself:
    MySinglefriend.com
    DatingDirect.com
    MuddyMatches.co.uk
    there are some more sites you can check them over here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/the-20-best-online-dating-websites/

All these are websites, in case you meant for Mobile apps. There are many options for that too:
    Bumble
    Tinder
    Coffee Meets Bagel
    Few more you can check them here https://www.theabsolutedater.com/best-hook-up-apps/
  • martinsmartins Posts: 30Member Connected
    My 24 year old daughter who has cerebral palsy signed up to Bumble but she got replies from lots of boys/men but all they wanted was to meet her for sex. That's not what she wants she wants a proper relationship where you go out and get to know someone and then fall in love and then take it further. Why do men think that because she has a disability all she wants is sex!!
    I understand that some sites are only for people looking for sex. Have a good look at the site before you decide to use it.  Plenty More Fish is not free but is 'respectable'.  It has a separate Naughty Pond but you don't need to touch that!
  • martinsmartins Posts: 30Member Connected
    Thank you for you reply
  • TheArrowTheArrow Posts: 27Member Connected
    Please avoid POF as a dating site because it’s full of fakes. I’m really unlucky in finding someone and it’s likely I never will (seems like I’m cursed).

Good luck to those who do find someone because you’ll have better luck than me haha *sob*
  • gaz1960gaz1960 Posts: 48Member Courageous
    Pof. 

Plenty of fakes. 

But all dating sites the same

Free or pay for.!

Same people on all sites,just different profile names! :(

• gaz1960gaz1960 Posts: 48Member Courageous
    It does seem as if all dating sites are mostly London based? The Midlands,and up North seem to be a desolate,no go areas,"Here be monsters ,dragons and Unicorns and hobgoblins,mandrakes and where all manner of wierd beasties live",rather than where two people meet and live happily after! 
    Anybody else seem to feel like it's that way?
    POF is just for people who want to play online. It's not people who are looking for a proper relationship. I don't like the idea of having to pay to find a partner  It's not easy though. They all say free until you try to chat to people and then they want money for you to send replies. It gets harder to meet anyone when you're older, have a disability and in my case am a lesbian. I'm not in the gay scene as I'm not out and loud. I don't about it from the rooftops anymore than a heterosexual person does. So I thought trying a dating site would be a great idea. How wrong was I. Most lived too far away too  I don't drive so I want someone local. I think dating sites should make it clear that it is not a sex site. I had to ring the old as twice I had women ask me if I would have a threesome with them and their underage daughter. Just wrong. This isn't what a dating site is for. So if anyone has any positive information to help please feel free to let us know  
  • Danielonline29Danielonline29 Posts: 2Member Listener
    All I do in the United Kingdom is phonesomebody.com and call any new person I want to meet it's the easiest quickest way to get to know someone that general instant conversation it's like Facebook but you got to call them but it's great though I've met atleast three people I keep in regular contact with now it's cheap to find that real person aswell I spent 10mins for £5 and called her straight away happy days and it's a general convo so your just connecting. 
  • Danielonline29Danielonline29 Posts: 2Member Listener
    Rebel70 said:
    POF is just for people who want to play online. It's not people who are looking for a proper relationship. I don't like the idea of having to pay to find a partner  It's not easy though. They all say free until you try to chat to people and then they want money for you to send replies. It gets harder to meet anyone when you're older, have a disability and in my case am a lesbian. I'm not in the gay scene as I'm not out and loud. I don't about it from the rooftops anymore than a heterosexual person does. So I thought trying a dating site would be a great idea. How wrong was I. Most lived too far away too  I don't drive so I want someone local. I think dating sites should make it clear that it is not a sex site. I had to ring the old as twice I had women ask me if I would have a threesome with them and their underage daughter. Just wrong. This isn't what a dating site is for. So if anyone has any positive information to help please feel free to let us know  
    Thats why I'd rather pay to talk properly straight away to their mobile at Phonesomebody.com cheap either way if I take the person out on a date I'm spending so what's the difference tbh but that's just my preference. Good to hear your thoughts on pof though 
Sign in or join us to comment.