Benefit bother. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit bother.

Options
rachel69
rachel69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. Need advice. I'm in a wheelchair and getting job seekers allowance. My adviser at the job center has made me attend the job center every day to do job searches. I've never been sanctioned my job searches have never been an issue and I attend every appointment. But I have to get two busses and it takes me two hours to get to job center. I leave at 7 am to be there for 9am. It's quite traumatic. I don't understand why she has done this to me. She's setting me up to fail. I'm so upset. I've spent the whole weekend in tears. I must add I would love a job but it's hard to get one.

Comments

• regent
    regent Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    I would think you need to consult with SCOPE and or the CAB  and 
    then an urgent appointment with your MP if  its considered you are being treated with NO consideration for your disability.
    Ignore any other advice from all,  and consult with the professional advisors only
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rachel69, and welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear that this is something you have to go through daily, just to avoid being sanctioned. I can imagine that it's taking it's toll on you, and I really hope we can offer some guidance.

As @regent says, it might be worth making an appointment with Citizens Advice about this: you can search for your local service on their website. Alternatively, do feel free to get in touch with the Scope helpline and we'll do our best to assist. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.