Kirstie74 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Kirstie74

Kirstie74
Kirstie74 Community member Posts: 9 Courageous
Hi, my Dr thinks I have fibromyalgia and I have had so many different tests to rule other things out. I am a single parent, my partner died suddenly 18 months ago. My eldest is 21 at uni and my youngest is 6, she has autism and adhd.
I am shattered daily, body aches, headaches and also have depression and anxiety. It's getting  a real struggle now to do normal everyday things without exhaustion taking over.
Is there any help out there for me? What do I do now? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Kirstie and welcome

Try putting your details into one of the online benefit calculators

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Kirstie74
    I am on income support and I get dla for my daughter. Don't think I'm entitled to anything else. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    If you have fibro then at some point you will almost certainly qualify for additional help. It doesn't hurt to check.

The depression and anxiety are the result of the physical issues and many people suffer in the same way. Sometimes a diagnosis can make life easier as it takes the confusion and fear away. Sometimes getting the extra help can too because it lets you have easier ways to do the things that are difficult.

Keep pushing the system for a correct diagnosis and see if you deserve help.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Kirstie74
    I've suffered with depression since I was a teenager it's gotten worse over the last few years x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.