Hi, my name is juals! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is juals!

juals
juals Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I have spinal problems and in a lot of pain constantly. I’m a widow and I’m fighting for my severe disability which has been stopped because they think I can go to work. I’m really shy and don’t like crowds. I don’t have friends as I was bullied and can’t trust anyone but I want to but find it so hard. My brother lives with me since our Mum passed away so he keeps me company and he helps a lot when I need anything doing. Every day is a struggle and find everything much harder as I get older. I’m in my 60s and getting older is no fun as more things start to hurt and I don’t get over colds like I used too. So that’s me so hello to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @juals, and welcome to the community. Good to know you have your brother with you!
    I'm in my 60s, too, and you're right, nothing gets any easier. 
    There's a whole section on the site about Employment, finances and disability benefits, including the opportunity to contact a benefits advisor. You might also find this useful: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/chronicpain. To find resources, discussions or anything else it's worth putting a couple of related words into the Search Box at the top of the page, and, of course, you can ask any questions that you choose to :smile:
    I look forward to getting to know you, too.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • juals
    Hi Richard thank you for your warm welcome. I've been meaning to join for a while now but I get nervous. Then today I plucked up the courage. Also I'm very worried about this tribunal in February so thought I might vet some help here. Thank you for the link I shall take a look. I'm sure I will get to know what I am doing soon.  It's all new at the moment. I shall look forward to getting to know you too. 
    Warmest wishes
    Juals
  • JennysDad
    Hi @juals

Very, very glad you 'plucked up the courage' :) 
    Take care of yourself,
    Best wishes,
    Richard
  • juals
    Thank you Richard. I've been trying to put a picture up on my profile and its hopeless its coming out very big then you just see the top of my head haha so I'm deleting it and will try again tomorrow. But for now I need sleep so goodnight and hope to chat again soon. 
    Warm wishes 
    Juals 
  • JennysDad
    Hi Juals @juals. You may have gone to bed but, if so, you'll see this tomorrow and that's fine. I don't know for sure but it may well be that your photo file size is too big. Do you have any photo-editing software on your computer? If you do you are looking for the 'resize' option, if not let me know. If it is still around I know of a great, free photo-editing program and will find the details for you.
    Hope you have/have had a very good night,
    Richard
  • juals
    Hi Richard I'm still here the picture was bugging me so I chose a different one and it worked this time. I hate it when something won't work and I'm afraid I'm stubborn so I don't give in. But thank you for your offer and id still like the photo editing app if that's ok? Well now I've managed to do it I'm definitely going to sleep this time so ill say goodnight again to you. 
    Goodnight Richard 
    Juals
  • JennysDad
    Hi Juals! So you hadn't gone to bed after all. Hope you slept well. 
    And that's a very nice picture.
    The big and famous ones being beyond the reach of my pocket :smile: this is the free program I use most of the time: http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php  I hope you have fun with it. 
    I'm on my way up to London today, but will be checking in again later this afternoon.
    Have a good day,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @juals! Do let us know if we can be of any assistance.
  • juals
    Thank you Pippa I will 
  • juals
    Hi Richard thank you for that I will go take a look. No I'm stubborn I don't like anything to beat me haha. Hope your day in London is good and the weather stays fine for you? Catch you later. 
    Juals

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.