Help with ATOS PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with ATOS PIP Assessment

Options
Tanya29
Tanya29 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I recently had a ATOS Assessment having been on pip for the last four years, and each year the same happens , I go to the Assessment and because of all the lies and inaccuracy
of the report I end up going to tribunal and win, this last one was quite unbelievable, the HCP said for reading and writing I get no points, as I can read and write fine (I was not even tested on reading and writing! ) I was asked to calculate sums which I had a go at both my answer's were wrong I found out later, however according to the HCP the answers were near enough ! Not right but not wrong either! Lots of other things as well as these examples.
Your comments please.
By the way I suffer from Anxiety and Depression,

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tanya29
    and welcome to the community! Very many others here are having similar difficulties, so you are far from alone. You will find plenty of conversations, posts and resources, and one of the easiest ways is to type a relevant word (PIP for example) in the Search box. That will guide you to much that is going on. This might be useful to you: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla
    The site also provides access to a benefits advisor at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
    Other than knowing that they're an indescribable mess, I know little about benefits these days, my own direct experience being related to long-term unemployment and my daughter's life and death some 25 - 30 years ago. Anxiety and depression I DO know something about, and there are plenty of fellow-sufferers here, so you are among friends :smile:
    Don't hesitate to talk or to ask any questions.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Tanya29! I hope the above advice helps- many of our members have had similar experiences but successful MRs or tribunals. Is this something you would consider doing? If so, you may find this guidance on appealing DWP decisions helpful. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.