Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Chronic Insomnia

SystemSystem Posts: 473 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Toffee26!.

Replies

• Toffee26Toffee26 Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Have been suffering from chronic insomnia not slept for 3days seen Dr today have been given some sleeping pills to hopefully help 
    Anyone else suffer from this ?
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Toffee26
    There are some self help tips on the NHS website around insomnia that might help.

I get insomnia and undersatnd how miserable it can be, the one thing I found is that sleeping tablets are only a very short term solution.  They are great to break the cycle of not sleeping but they don't solve the underlying problem.

I use quite a few of the NHS tips and I also listen to a relaxation app that helps you sleep just before bed and that honestly does really help! I have only heard the end of it twice!

Good luck, let us know what the doctors say.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • sleepgoodsleepgood Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi @Toffee26 
    Most chronic insomnia  cases are related to  related chronic disease, i.e  its underlying cause; and once those underlying cause  get healed or be better, you should have better sleep.
  • sleepgoodsleepgood Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi @Toffee26 
    Most chronic insomnia  cases are related to  related chronic disease, i.e  its underlying cause; and once those underlying cause  get healed or be better, you should have better sleep.
Sign in or join us to comment.