Pip questions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip questions

th3v1k1ng
th3v1k1ng Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello..
I applied for pip on the 15th of december 2017. Asked for an extension and was given until the 5th of jan. Contacted them on the 4th to ask for more time as I had an appointment with my mental health coordinator on the 15th of jan 2018. Saw Her, and we went over the forms together.  I posted the forms on the way back from that appointment. 
A few days ago I got a letter stating that my application had been denied as they had not received my forms with information.
I have the standard X amount of time to appeal.
Questions.

1. Should I appeal the fact their post room is **** and have more than likely lost my forms and extra information paperwork?
(I have photo copies of the forms I sent back, but no proof pf posting. I just stuck a put it into a local post box as I couldnt make it to a post office.)

2. Should I wait and then re-apply?  If I do this how long do I wait before being able to re-apply?

3. How the hell do you audio record the "medical exam"/assessment? 
According to the paperwork and websites I've read, you need a dual recording device that cant be tampered with. These machines can cost anywhere up to £1500.  
Everything I've read indicates that the interview NEEDS to be recorded to keep the assessor on the level, since many reports sent thru have lies in them. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @th3v1k1ng, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your experience, how frustrating for you! Our community members may be able to offer advice on this, but it may make more sense to appeal and explain what happened rather than wait and reapply.

You may like to look at our guidance for appealing DWP decisions, and also take a look at this past discussion where recording assessments was mentioned. Do keep us updated throughout the process and we'll assist where we can!
  • th3v1k1ng
    thank you. The link to the recording post doesnt give much info. There is only 1 case of the appeals judge allowing a covert recording into evidence, in the form of a written transcript, compiled by a 3rd party company the claimant contacted. The DWP attempted to get the recording and the transcript disallowed but failed. It DID show that the assessor had lied. In the article I read, the assessor had asked the claimant to do a peak flow meter reading. In the transcript he blew 1.5 and this was said, but the assessor wrote 3.0 into the report. link https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3671-secret-pip-assessment-recording-leads-to-appeal-tribunal-win However, this link seems to give some good guidance on how to use 3 x tape recorders to record the interview. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3520-back-to-the-age-of-the-cassette-for-recording-benefits-medicals (I just found this link. Its similar in process a type of copyright/patenting process to make sure no one can steal your idea, blue prints, prototype. You put the plans, drawings, write up, dated, signed, then sealed into an envelope and you send to yourself, making sure the post office give you proof of posting. Then when you receive the envelope, you do NOT open it but store it safely. Its then got the date stamp on it from the local post centre) Sorry if this is in the wrong section of your forum. You forum seemed a little disjointed. I have a PhD in Computer and Software engineering, lol.
  • th3v1k1ng
    The person I spoke to told me I didnt need a second extension as I actually had until the 16th to get the forms back.
    I have that fone call recorded on my mobile, under the ACR app.
    I posted the link to the article that made major reference to the lies the assessors tell in the reports.
    Doubling a peak flow meter reading, to fail someone for pip not exactly an "inaccuracy", its a bold faced lie. I;ve had it before at capability for work "interviews". Where the report holds no similarity to the actual reality of being in the room with the ****.
    #cloudcuckooland

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.