PIP Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Options
chrisd1962
chrisd1962 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son who has been ill with agoraphobia since been 14 years old was on dla low rate for mobility side had to be reassessed for pip they agreed on a home visit as he was unable to attend  I attended with him as he won’t speak to people that he doesn’t know alone the outcome was he was awarded no points , I have started the tribunal process and are awaiting a date and are seeking help from welfare rights which has a long waiting list in our area so not holding my breath I understand the government have made changes in this so how will this affect us and is there any thing I can say at the tribunal to help us . My son has to be accompanied at any time he has to go out with a person that he knows usually a short journey to doctors every thing else has to be done for him ie shopping any advice please 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chrisd1962, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your son's outcome. Glad to hear that you've begun the appeals process, and it sounds like you're preparing well in advance. It's a good idea to have medical evidence ready in case you need it.

Here is some guidance on appealing a DWP decision which you may find helpful, and you may also like to join in with our other PIP/DLA discussions: many of our community members have had similar experiences and may have some good advice for you. Do keep us updated!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.