If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Care for the Physically Disabled

Hello, i am looking for any physio experts/professionals that are willing to answer a few questions i have about the care for the physically disabled, particularly those of a younger age. The information given will be used for my resarch project for university that may potentially leer to developing a product to help physically disabled children. If you are able to answer any of the following questions, please respond via email, and send me your answers to [email protected] Any information would be greatly appreciated appreciated.

Do you help/care for..

Physically disabled children? (2-12)

Physically disabled young people? (13-20)

Physically disabled adults? (21+)

What types of exercise routines/activities do you recommend generally, or for different physical disabilities?

What do you find is the main cause for lack of engagement in terms of encouraging patients/the physical disable to get involved in exercise/movement? (if you deal with young children please be more specific to a younger age range)

Are there any products/services that you are aware of/recommend, that help engage the physical disabled in exercise/fitness?

Many thanks, 

Lizzie oakley

Sign in or join us to comment.