Care for the Physically Disabled — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Care for the Physically Disabled

Options
lizzieizzil
lizzieizzil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, i am looking for any physio experts/professionals that are willing to answer a few questions i have about the care for the physically disabled, particularly those of a younger age. The information given will be used for my resarch project for university that may potentially leer to developing a product to help physically disabled children. If you are able to answer any of the following questions, please respond via email, and send me your answers to Lizzie.oakley@yahoo.co.uk. Any information would be greatly appreciated appreciated.

Do you help/care for..

Physically disabled children? (2-12)

Physically disabled young people? (13-20)

Physically disabled adults? (21+)

What types of exercise routines/activities do you recommend generally, or for different physical disabilities?

What do you find is the main cause for lack of engagement in terms of encouraging patients/the physical disable to get involved in exercise/movement? (if you deal with young children please be more specific to a younger age range)

Are there any products/services that you are aware of/recommend, that help engage the physical disabled in exercise/fitness?

Many thanks, 

Lizzie oakley

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.