If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Carers allowance

Annie04Annie04 Posts: 1Member Listener
edited February 2018 in Carer's allowance
hi. I get carers allowance for my 17 year old who
 has ASD and ADHD.  If (a BIG if) he ever gets a job would the carers payment stop. 
Many thanks 

Replies

• feirfeir Posts: 356Member Pioneering
    if you're still doing the required 35 hours a week care i don't see why it should. his benefits might change because his circumstances have but yours would not.

my son is full time at college and my ability to do all his care has changed somewhat but i'm still doing 35+ hours of supervisory care so still get carers allowance myself. good job too as it covers my taxi expenses to the dr and hospital and helps pay for other extra expenses as well.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,366Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Provided he gets PIP DL then it’s irrelevant whether he works or not but your getting CA could impact whether he gets SDP as part of any means-tested benefits.
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Annie04! I hope the above responses are helpful. You may also be interested in our parents and carers discussions.
Sign in or join us to comment.