The cost of sensory equipment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The cost of sensory equipment

abi1987
abi1987 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi. I have a disabled son who is profoundly deaf and autistic. We were lucky enough to have some fantastic family and friends organise a fundraiser so we could create a sensory room for him. It cost over £5000...and that was for a 1.75m bubble tube, optic lights, a prjector a few other bits and bobs. After shopping around on numerous sensory sites...i was shocked and disgusted by how much some of the products were ridiculously overpriced...simply in my opinion because they are "sensory toys". Just one example ROMPA ask almost 70 pound + vat + postage for a wooden chime set on strings. I would like to know opinions on the cost of sensory equipment...if its worth it the quality etc. Im looking to write an letter to my local mp obviously my opinion is a bit biased so any feedback or comments would be appreciated.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.