paying a PA a higher rate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

paying a PA a higher rate

Options
picchy
picchy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hello,

I wondered if anyone can give advice on this. I get Council funding to employ a PA but the rate of pay I've been awarded is so low I haven't found anyone decent. Does anyone have experience of paying them a higher rate out of your self-directed funds? It feels like it's my budget and I should be allowed to do this with it so I can find someone.

Any help most welcome!
Picchy

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @picchy, and welcome to the community!

It's a good question- take a look at our tips on employing a PA, and do come back to us with any questions. Some of our community members may be able to share their own experiences too!
  • picchy
    picchy Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Thanks Pippa, I've read the section on Tips for employing a PA but there's nothing that addresses my question. Can you let me know where I might be able to ask someone whether it's possible to use the funds to pay a higher rate of pay? Many thanks, Chelsea
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @picchy, sorry to hear that. I've been having a look around online and been surprised at how little guidance there seems to be in this area! I'm tagging in @Angela_Scope in case she can offer any suggestions.

One thing I did find was this factsheet from Disability Rights UK: whilst it doesn't address your specific query, there are lots of links to organisations and contacts who may be best placed to advise you further on this. DR-UK also have an advice line listed on that page, 0330 995 0404, which might also be worth a try. Really hope this helps!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.