Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

Options
rachel1988
rachel1988 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I have found out today that I have been placed in the work related activity group,this is a shock to me as when I had my home assessment the gentleman seemed understanding,I explained how things affect my life and my agoraphobia affects me,he even said I have true agoraphobia and that what I have is rare so I assumed he would write this in the report,if he has I don’t understand why I would be plaaced in this group,I am now waiting for a copy if his report so I can do a mandatory reconsideration,I can’t leave my house,how am I expected to attend anything? I don’t know what to do,say,it’s scaring me I can’t attemd these things yet if I don’t I lose my money 

Comments

• debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Rachel
    My name is Debbie, welcome to the forum.
    I am truly sad and sorry to hear what has happened to you.  It is of no surprise to hear yet again this kind of story and that what occurs at an assessment is not what gets written in the assessment report.  I urge you to go through your medical assessment report to find any inconsistencies, inaccuracies and any lies!  Not that this would change their decision but it can help you if you were to pursue your case to a tribunal hearing appeal.  Could you get a doctors Fit For Work Note to explain about your condition?    Forward this immediately to DWP and keep yourself copies of every correspondence.  I am sure other people on this forum will have plenty more important and useful advice for you.  
    I wish you all the best
    Debbie :)
  • rachel1988
    rachel1988 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    I have emailed my local MP,I will be ringing my doctor asking to write me a letter 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rachel1988, so sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like you've done all the right things so far- do keep us updated and we'll do what we can to help. You may also like to check out our guidance on appealing DWP decisions.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.