Retraining and potential jobs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Retraining and potential jobs

gillespiepowell123
gillespiepowell123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
Hi, I'm currently a childminder but I was diagnosed with a rare motor neuron disease last year called HSP. It is mostly affecting my balance and my walking at the moment but also I'm  extremely conscious of this and because of this I suffer severe anxiety when out. My job is becoming very difficult because of it but I need/want to work. I receive no disability payments. 
Where can I go for advice on retraining and potential jobs?
Maria 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gillespiepowell123, and welcome to the community! I've moved this post to our ask an employment advisor category where hopefully somebody will be able to provide guidance on this.
  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Hi @gillespiepowell123

Hope you are well and welcome to the online community!
    sorry to hear that HSP is causing you to give up your current line of work.

In terms of advice on  advice on potential jobs, Scope's Support to Work  is a brand new employment service which offers tailored support and advice to disabled people who are actively seeking employment. If eligible for the service, you will be assigned to an employment adviser who will work with to look at your employability skills and work with you to assess what areas of work- within your capabilities- you could transfer your skills into. 

If you would like to find out more about the service, you can give us a call on 0300 222 5742; email us at supporttowork@scope.org.uk or register your details HERE and a member of the team will get in touch with you soon.

we look forward to hearing from you!

Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.