ESA - no time limit on decision? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA - no time limit on decision?

Options
wendy66
wendy66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I had Esa medical assessment 17th Nov after enquireing was told all information was sorted by 22nd Dec and sent to decision making department after making enquiries am just being told there is no time limit on this what can I do please help thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's nothing you can do but wait unfortunately. There's no time limits on these decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wendy66, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about this, it must be really frustrating for you to have waited this long. Am I right in thinking that you've already tried contacting the DWP about the wait time? If so, it may be that you do unfortunately have to wait. Please do keep us updated and we'll offer support where we can. 
  • wendy66
    Options
    Hi @wendy66, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about this, it must be really frustrating for you to have waited this long. Am I right in thinking that you've already tried contacting the DWP about the wait time? If so, it may be that you do unfortunately have to wait. Please do keep us updated and we'll offer support where we can. 

• wendy66
    Options
    Hi pippascope thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes I have contacted theDWP on many occasions and was told a different story each time that I would hear by the end of the week or someone would call me back I was even told if someone didn’t call me back after one hour to call back and then it could be escalated to a team leader which I did still wasn’t called bk.
    However out of the blue yesterday I received a call from a very nice lady who was very apologetic saying one of their offices has recently closed causing a backlog also the Christmas break and my claim should be sorted out this week so fingers crossed. Thank you very much all will let you know outcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.