If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

THINGS GET WORSE

Annabelle26Annabelle26 Posts: 57Member Whisperer
edited February 13 in Talk about ESA
I have now received a letter asking me to go for a F2F Assessment for my ESA.  The appointment time was not suitable as it was too early & I would have had to get an early bus which gets crowded.  At first I though it was another assessment for my PIP and that they had cancelled the Tribunal.  When the person went into my record & told me it was for my ESA I just burst into tears & got really anxious & upset.    The person I was speaking to was nice & helped me calm down.  She checked & there is not a suitable appointment at present & I am on a list for when a suitable appointment comes up.   She has put I want an afternoon appointment.  I said what about the daily quota system & the Assessor puts in an inaccurate report & I lose my ESA.  She assured me none of that happens. I have also messaged my MP to see if he can get the review cancelled as when I commented on his Facebook page about the Guardian article he offered his help with PIP.  I am struggling financially at present with losing my PIP so I cannot afford to lose ESA as well. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :( :( :(
I now have a splitting headache & will have to take painkillers & lie down.

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 4,384Administrator Scope community team
    Im sorry you are having such a tough time @Annabelle26
    Do you have a CAB near you who could offer any support?
  • Annabelle26Annabelle26 Posts: 57Member Whisperer
    There are problems at the local CAB they are struggling with funds & staff.
  • debkenzodebkenzo Posts: 57Member Talkative
    Hello Annabelle26.
    My name is Debbie.  Welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry to hear what is happening to you right now.  Did you say that you have lost your PIP?  Have your asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration for your PIP?  Or are you at the Tribunal stage?  Is it possible that you could ask your Doctor to write you a letter to explain your situation and then to ring the DWP and request a home visit for your ESA assessement?
    I am waiting for a Tribunal date.  I have been to the Doctors but they do not issue letters but if the DWP write to them she will let me know & give them the information required.  They will not give me a home visit as they know it is not a problem getting to the Assessment.  I  suffer slightly from Paranoia so feel the DWP are running a vendetta against me because I complained about my treatment at my PIP assessment.  The only thing that keeps me going are my cats especially my older one who is 17 years old & I have had since she was 4 months old.
  • PippaScopePippaScope Posts: 1,771Administrator Scope community team
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, @Annabelle26. Please do keep us updated and we'll help wherever we can. How are you feeling today? I had a cat for 17 years too, they really do make the best companions for when you're feeling low!  
    Feeling a bit better today.  The stress yesterday has triggered my virus so feeling tired & yucky but otherwise all right.  Thank you for your concern.
  • PippaScopePippaScope Posts: 1,771Administrator Scope community team
    Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery from the virus, @Annabelle26!
    Thank you.  The virus is an ongoing problem I have had for several years on & off.  One of the triggers is excessive stress.  All the problems with my PIP & now this review of my ESA means I get easily stressed at present.  I have been in bed all day but feel a bit better.  However I did have a positive boost when I opened my post. I had won a small amount on the local Hospice lottery.  This made me feel a bit better.
Sign in or join us to comment.