Testing with RNIB — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Testing with RNIB

Options
ian_wilko
ian_wilko Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello

My name is Ian Wilkinson and I work for the Royal National Institute of Blind People in Peterborough.

We carry out user testing for a variety of organisations and companies, usually with blind and partially sighted people. The sort of things that we test include websites, packaging, consumer goods and apps. We have some testing coming up soon where we would also like to ask for the views of people that have dexterity issues when using a keyboard or mouse. I’m contacting you to see if would like to come and help us with this?

We are looking for people to take part in some website testing on the 23rd and 26th February. We will be looking at some pages to see how usable they are for disabled people.

We would like people to read and review the information for different bank accounts and then decide which one to select.

The testing won’t require you to apply for an account, or use your own personal details, we only want you to compare the different bank accounts and choose one that you prefer.

We will refund any travel expenses up to £30 and you will receive a £20 Marks and Spencer voucher as a thank you for your time and feedback. There will be an NDA (Non-Disclosure agreement) to sign if you take part in the testing but this is usually straightforward and just asks you not to talk about what you have tested.

The testing takes place in our Peterborough office (Midgate House) and generally lasts about an hour.

If you think this is something that you would like to take part in, please email or give me a call and we can discuss things further.

NPPD.Mailbox@rnib.org.uk

01733 375131

Kind regards,

Ian Wilkinson

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.