Dementia and the Mental Health Act review Have your say — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dementia and the Mental Health Act review Have your say

Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

The Mental Health Act is currently being reviewed in response to concerns about the way it is being used. One of the ways they are doing this is through a survey, in order to hear about service users’ and carer’s experiences of the Act.

The Mental Health Act is the law in England and Wales that covers the assessment, treatment and rights of people with a mental disorder. It covers when a person can be admitted, detained and treated in hospital for their mental disorder, as well as safeguards to protect people’s rights if they are detained.

Source: https://blog.alzheimers.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-act-review/?utm_campaign=February+2018+Newsletter&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&ajs_uid=cf313a3f-9610-77a2-654d-dcb629144554

Link to survey to have your say is available on the linked page.

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.