Turned down for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turned down for PIP

Neil06
Neil06 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone can anyone help me I was turned down for PIP on the 16.1.18 I phoned up and asked for a copie of the assessor report to help me with my Mandatory Reconsideration.  On the 29.01.18 I phoned the DWP PIP to let them know I would be requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration and that I would be putting this in writing to them on what I was appealing against with all the evidence that their decision maker said that they was none provided I was told that I had 28 days to get this into them. On the 30.01.18 I sent off everything to them by recorded delivery which on the 31.01.18 was signed for off a member staff at the DWP PIP. On the 06.02.18 I get a letter back from the DWP PIP dated the 30.01.18 saying that my request for a Mandatory Reeconsideration had been turned down and that the decision still stands has I did not tell them what I was appealing against and I had not sent in any evidence Remeber I did not send my pack off till the 30.01.18 and they did not get it till the 31.01.18 so how can someone make the decision to turn me down with out letting me get in my Mandatory Reconsideration first? I called up on the 06.01.18 to ask why this letter had been sent out to me turning me down and pointed out to them that I only called up on the 29.01.18 to request my Mandatory Reconsideration and this I only sent it off on the 30.01.18 and they got it the next day I was told not to worry someone would still be looking at it. On the 14.02.18 I called back up to make sure what I been told the week before was right only to find out No one has looked at it and that They would get someone to look at my mandatory reconsideration that day or the next and that by the end the following week I would have a letter saying what was happening. Today I have had a letter saying that it was to late and I was to take it to tribunal I feel that the DWP PIP have taken away my Human Rights and not aloud me the 28 days for to get my mandatory reconsideration into them has anyone else had the same problem?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Neil06. I'm mainly here to say 'hi' and to welcome you to the community, as I am not at all an expert on PIP. There are others here, though, who are, and who will, I'm sure, get back to you. I'm not sure exactly how some things work but I suspect the weekend may slow things down a bit.
    One thing I can do, though, is to point you in the direction of the 'Talk about PIP/DLA' forum, which contains a lot of information and resources. Have a look here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla and see if there's anything that helps.
    Others here WILL certainly have had similar experiences to yours and will be along to offer help and support.
    For what it's worth, I'm 'here' and listening too.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Neil06
    Im so sorry you are having such a frustrating time with this, but well done on keeping dates and times of all this to use as evidence.

If you have to take this to tribunal, there is support available and lots of appeals that go to appeal do win and get decisions reversed.

There is info here about how to go through the appeal process - you can also get in touch with the CAB, call our helpline on 0808 800 3333 or if you want legal advice, you can speak to the Law Centre about what is available in your area.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Neil06
    Neil06 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thank you @Sam_Scope I keep time dates and names on everything I have sent paper work off for tribunal and just starting to get everything ready for it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.