Lost benefits without warning — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost benefits without warning

rachy1108
rachy1108 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello i was wondering if i could get some help my husband suffers from schizophrenia and has done for the passed 12 years.  He has had his PIP taken from him which we are waiting on a tribunal hearing, but we have have just signed in to our Universal Credit website to find out that my husbands Limited capability for work and work-related activity money has been taken from him. We have had no acknowledgement or warning this was going to happen and i have no clue what to do. Since all this has happened with Pip and now this my depression and anxiety has taken a hold on me and try to carer for my husband is starting to get a little hard. Im finding it very hard to get help from anyone for just the smallest thing like evidence to send to the tribunal from his psychiatrist. So ive come here to ask if anyone can help regarding the Universal credit or even the pip because im losing the will to fight now    

Thankyou in advance
Rachael

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Rachael @rachy1108 and welcome to the community. Very sorry to hear about your difficulties. 
    I'm not an authority on benefits, but we have many here who are and they will get back to you soon. I just wanted to know your post had been received.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi Rachael I feel for you I'm a newbie to the site. Surely it's not right you don't get a letter explaining the reasoning behind why they have stopped your husband's benefit. I wish you all the best in getting this matter sorted out. In the meantime is there no respite help you could get as his carer.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachy1108

Welcome to the community, Im so sorry to hear about your struggles.  It would be worth getting in touch with them to find out about all the details of this.

We understand how stressful the whole benefits situation can be and there are lots of people on the community who have been there.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @rachy1108 sorry to hear what you are going through.

You need to call the Universal Credit team to find out why it has been stopped. The number is 0800 328 5644 if you have an online account otherwise the number is 0800 328 9344

As you signed into your account use the first number.

Once you know the reason we may be able to help you with what to do next.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• rachy1108
    Just a quick update ive sorted it. Universal credit made a mistake and have refunded us the missing money 

Thank You all for you input and help its much appreciated 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @rachy1108 unfortunately it does happen, but then they are actually quick to sort it out when notified. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear it's been sorted, @rachy1108!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 23 Connected
    Great job I'm sure that is a weight off your mind.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachy1108
    What wonderful news. So very glad for you.
    Don't forget we're here if there is anything else we might be able to help you with.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • rachy1108
    Thank You guys much appreciated. If anyone can help me with getting medical evidence together for tribunal that would be great as we are finding it very hard to get it as we just keep getting refused all the time especially with the psychiatrist. As well how do i go about getting a representative to attend the hearing with us. As the pressure that myself and husband will get that day i really dont think we are gonna be able to deal with it and really need someone to speak on our behalf. just think of it now and im starting to panic that why we really need someone with us  

Thank you to all of you for all your help it means so much to me and husband  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.