Leg is worse after knee replacement, anyone else in this situation? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leg is worse after knee replacement, anyone else in this situation?

Gary292
Gary292 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
15 months after total knee replacement my leg is worse now than it was pre before operation.anyone else in this situation ? My other knee needs replacing and I'm frightened in case I can't walk at all afterwards.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gary292 and welcome to the community. I'm very glad you've found us, but very sorry to read about your trouble.
    Doing a fairly rapid search, I've not come across an immediately similar post to your own, but that could be due to limitations on the search engine. What matters most, perhaps, is that you've arrived at a safe place and are among friends. Please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions you may have, as the better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways of being useful to you.
    There are immediate questions that come to my mind - perhaps you could get back to me? Such as, how long ago did you have the operation and what has happened since in terms of what doctors have told you or what people you may have sought advice from?
    Sorry if my questions seem clumsy, but I don't know enough yet to be sure as to where best to direct you.
    You can, of course, look through the links lower down the page and look for conversations that might relate to your situation - to do with pain, mobility etc, but do, please, get back to me.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Gary292, and sorry to hear this- I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel at this. Have you seen your GP about your leg? It might be a good idea to let them know, and they may be able to offer some guidance.
  • Gary292
    Gary292 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    I'm being told if there's a problem they will not look at corrective surgery until 2 year's since done.my GP and two second opinions have said the same.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, @Gary292

I wonder if community members @booboo or @Charlie1712, who've both had experiences of knee surgery, could offer any input here? 
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering

Hi @Gary292

Sorry to hear that your TNR hasn't gone as hoped. It sounds as if you need a good conversation with your GP and probably the Orthopaedic Consultant that is proposing to do the TNR on your other leg. They need to explore why you had a poor outcome from the first surgery and if anything can be done, even at this late stage to improve it. Also, are the same circumstances likely to impact on you again if you decided to go ahead with the second surgery? or could they be mitigated in some way? 

I can understand why you are keen to hear from others that have had the same surgery but try not to let other people's experiences, positive or negative, have too much influence on your decision about the proposed surgery, as your clinical circumstances are unique to you as an individual.

Best Wishes

Jean

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.