If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Diabetic - If I quit my job what benefits am I entitled to?

cogeascacogeasca Posts: 1Member Listener
Hi, my name is cogeasca and I am diabetic. I work long hours and cannot control my blood sugar. If I quit my job what benefits am I entitled to ask?

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,477Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @cogeasca
    Welcome to the community, we have a benefits calculator here that you might like to fill in to see what you could be entitled to.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,354Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    If you quit your job you’ll likely be sanctioned for leaving voluntarily without just cause (as it used to be so quaintly titled) so you need to amass strong evidence of having explored all possible options with your employer. You’ll also need strong evidence of having sought alternative employment. Allied to this you need to be prepared to justify why now and not say six months ago. Don’t even think of quitting before you’ve thought through all of the above.

Beyond that you’ll be looking at JSA, ESA or UC depending on where you live and your exact household circumstances.
  • GeoarkGeoark Posts: 1,124Community champion Pioneering
    Hello @cogeasca and welcome to the community.

Have you discussed this with your employer, and if so have they made adjustments to work to make it easier to cope? IE included extra breaks for you to eat and manage your sugar levels?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Sign in or join us to comment.