Given low rate on mobility for PIP, lost motability vehicle — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Given low rate on mobility for PIP, lost motability vehicle

Options
bigjay
bigjay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I challenged my pip decision they took my notability component to low rate which resulted in me losing my motabillty vehicle which has caused me lots of problems I didn't appeal has I was scared that I may lose all of my so a can I reapply 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi bigjay and welcome

When did you receive your decision ?
    it is possible to enter a late appeal up to 13 months

If you have an award in payment you can only put in a change of circumstance if you have a new or worstened condition

cr
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bigjay
    you don't say if you where coming from DLA to PIP as the descriptors are different for the two benefits whereas you qualified for full mobility on DLA but not on PIP hence the lowering of the mobility. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bigjay, and welcome!

As CR says, it may still be possible to appeal. If you're interested in doing so and would like some guidance, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help.
  • ZiggZag
    ZiggZag Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Make sure yu are assessed under Gov (updated 2 wks ago) Mobility Award given now 4 Mental Health mobility issues. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.