Assessment - felt like I was on trial — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment - felt like I was on trial

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, just joined this site . Just attended my assessment which took a great deal out of me and fear the worse. Couldn't sleep properly for a few nights, kept waking up and kept going over and over again what happened.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlene

Welcome to the community! :)

I am sorry to read that you have struggled following your assessment. You are not alone, there are many discussions regarding assessments, etc amongst the online community :)

Hope you are sleeping better and if you need any more advice or just a friendly chat then we are all here for you! :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • charlene
    Thank you for your reply. Feeling very lost at present, my mind   finds it difficult to deal with stress. At night when sleeping it goes into overdrive in trying to process information, and I land up having vivid dreams.  Feeling a little better now, but dreading my assessment results.
  • Ami2301
    Hi @charlene

I understand how you are feeling, I too was like yourself while waiting for their decision (PIP). Can I ask how long ago your assessment was? 

It is so frustrating when trying to sleep and all our brain wants to do is keep us awake worrying! I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress too much.  Is there anything you like to do to de-stress?

I hope you get a good nights sleep, and have happy and relaxing dreams :)

Speak soon

• charlene
    Tuesday 13th was my assessment.  I was just made to feel I was on trial.  I was asked if I drove  and when I replied yes, I was made to fel that was wrong.  I was asked yo send in a list of my melds which I did, copying the list from my dose tote box. Maybe when asked if I wrote out my melds list I should have mentioned I have copied it's? Thank you for your reply and yes I have slept much better. But the first thought I had on waking was my assessment. brain brain go away!!
  • charlene
    Sorry that should read September 2017
  • Ami2301
    Good morning @charlene

How are you this morning? So glad to read that you are sleeping better! :)

I can only imagine how daunting it was for you :( Have you received any letters or phone calls regarding why the decision is taking so long?

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlene, just wanted to say hello and welcome to the community! So sorry to hear about your PIP experience, do let us know if we can be of any assistance.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @charlene. I'm glad you have found your way here, but very sorry you're having such a tough time. All I can do myself, I'm afraid, is to promise to listen and to point you in the direction of any resources we may discover.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • charlene

Thankyou Richard.  I feel much better now that I don't feel quiet so alone.  Amazed how many people are having problems with pip.  Many thanks for your welcome Charlene

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.