Asd and leaving residential school — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Asd and leaving residential school

Options
soozi
soozi Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son has been residential weekly at specific to needs (asd, anxiety, etc) school for close to 5yrs. (Home every weekend and holidays)
In Aug last year he began a college.course in the area his.school is. He wants to and has been offered the hnc in his.chosen.subject and his.residential.school have put together a package for continuing to accommodate and support him in achieving his goals.
As he is.no longer studying a school curriculum from June this year, the education dept will.stop all funding si now we have a battle to get this funding from.adult/young peoples social work department.
Proposals have.been submitted from both.my son and his school but we are not being listened to.
We have to think about college halls of residence as an option.
We are fraught, scared and anxious.
I wonder about any information, advice and/or information in other funding sources we might be able to access/apply for so that the price tag can be fully met to.top up what social work will agree to pay....can anyone offer any advice, idea's and info about funding sources????
Apologies, my post is long, thank you for any help at all

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.