falling — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

falling

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I have just read a number of post which was about walking.  Even though the assessor at my pip assessment, got me to say I walk 1 to 2 mins with rests, I also told her that I have fallen a number of times indoors and I put on my pip form I have fallen outdoor and stumbled.  My latest indoor fall was a couple of weeks ago down some stairs.  Seen an OT and she mentioned my staircase can be adapted to make the stairs safer to climb.  I also told the assessor that about 2 weeks ago I stumbled after leaving my car on the kerb stone.  Does that mean, I cannot be safe out?  Can this help me if I get the worst reply from my assessment and go to Tribunal? I also put on my form because of fibromyalgia some times  my muscles tense up and I can only walk a few steps, when this happens if I am indoors I just have to wait until I can shuffle back to my chair.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.