Losing all my support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing all my support

Options
K80
K80 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
I have been diagnosed with a personality disorder and severe PTSD I have been in the system for years and last month due to lack of funding they withdrew my CPA , told me I need several years of psychological input but there aren't any psychologists,! So I've been told to go private which I can't afford due to contributing financially to my carers who come in due to my physical disabilities. I'm really struggling to cope! My gp is putting I a complaint but he said it won't change the fact there isn't any help. Feel totally abandoned and written off. I don't know what to do?

Comments

• kath1234
    kath1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I'm new on here. I'm having to send begging letters to get help for my son. In this day and age this is all so cruel.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    I am sorry it is bad what's happening   but I hope you get through  it all   with happy ending
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @K80
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry you are having such a tough time.  Have you thought about contacting your MP?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    In some areas there are charities and individual counsellors/therapists who will counsel you for very little money. Also, if you live near a university that teaches psychology/counselling, they sometimes have a low-cost service. 

Otherwise, are there any support groups near you? They're not professionals, of course, but it can be helpful to share with others.

Self-help books can help. I've used one called Mind Over Mood, which was good. 

Hope that might help...
  • kath1234
    kath1234 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    My son is going through the same thing. Apparently what you both suffer with is a grey area where there isn't the help .I know his won't be any help to yourself but my son committed a crime and is in court very soon . We are hoping the courts make it conditional he gets help. I really do feel for you. 
  • Shylers
    Shylers Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Sadly I understand only too well...?
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you tried charitable mental health organisations? Good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.