Parent of a child with learning disabilities ,dsypraxia and fine, gross motor difficulties. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parent of a child with learning disabilities ,dsypraxia and fine, gross motor difficulties.

Options
lisabeech
lisabeech Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, I'm a parent of a child with learning disabilities who has dsypraxia and fine, gross motor difficulties.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, @lisabeech, and welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us. 

I'm putting in a link here to our 'Parents and carers' forum where you will probably find posts of interest, https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/carers-of-disabled-children-and-adults, but have a look through the other links as well and see if there is anything else of interest to you.

Bear in mind that you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.

Looking forward to getting to know you better,
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lisabeech, it's great to have you here!

I have moved this post over to the parents and carers group that Richard mentioned so that members with similar experiences will be able to comment. You might also find some of our other groups and discussions useful for support and advice.

Please do get in touch if you have any questions!
  • iwansmum
    iwansmum Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi @lisabeech my done also has dsypraxia and hyper mobility as well as some learning difficulties. Fairly newly diagnosed so still finding our way x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @iwansmum. Good to meet you. Do feel free to talk about your situation and let us know if there is any way in which you think we may be able to help. Warmest best wishes to you,
    Here, listening,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.