Another assessment in 20 months — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another assessment in 20 months

Grateful01
Grateful01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Before i went thru the STRESSFUL AND EMOTIONAL FORM FILLING AND HOME VISIT, I was awarded DLA for life..after home visit..I was awarded 12 points in total..£22 a week!!
I asked for case management to look at my case again..this time with a 3 page NEW DOCTOR'S REPORT..I WAS EVENTUALLY AWARDED 12 points mobility and 10 for daily living! I'm still..altho GREATFUL..for 22 points..but I would like to appeal and ask the tribunal..that if..as my Dr had stated..I will never work again and my illness is debilitating and joints disintegrating.. Y DO I HAF TO DO THIS IN ANOTHER 20 MONTHS? I WONT BE ANY BETTER..WORSE IN FACT..AND MY STANDARD OF LIVING DAY TO DAY WILL PROBABLY HAVE GONE MORE DOWN HILL THAN IT IS NOW!!! I FEEL SICK ALREADY..
HOW DO I VOICE THIS IN TERMS THAT THE 'APPEALS BOARD' WILL UNDERSTAND?
I no out ther, ther r people..o so worse than I.. but the stress of it hanging overhead..is making me PHYISICALLY ILL! X

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    hi Grateful and welcome

The DWP have the right to reassess at any time.  It is unlikely that an appeal will change the length of your award and even if they do the DWP can still reassess when they want

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Grateful01 and welcome to the community.
    I am very sorry to read of your difficulties and the levels of stress and anxiety you are experiencing. Believe me, you are not alone.
    I would 100% rely on @CockneyRebel's advice.
    In the meantime, would it help to talk to others on here about the stress and anxiety you're feeling? You have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Do let me know if you have any difficulty getting around the site.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.