If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

am entitled to benefits

deb74deb74 Posts: 270Member Pioneering
hi everyone. like a lot of people i had my ESA taken off me before christmas, fortuatley have still got my PIP but it is at the lower rate. i can not afford to live on 55 pounds a week. I was wondering if i gat a job 16 hrs per week will i still be entitled to my housing benefit and council tax reduction as i will not be able to manage a full time job


  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,757 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deb74deb74 Posts: 270Member Pioneering
    thanks. i will check it out.
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Posts: 2,658Member Pioneering
    Hi @deb74 ;

    Housing benefit is income-based therefore it is determined on the household income/capital rather than number of hours - you would get a greater amount thatn standard as will probably qualify for a disability premium, and possibly a SDP (i.e. if you get Daily Living PIP and no one claims Carer's for you).

    Also consider entitlement to Working Tax Credit - as a disabled worker you only need to work 16 hours to qualify.

    Have a look at the benefit calculators - Scope have one, and there are also ones on the Turn2us and entitledto websites.


    Kind regards,

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • deb74deb74 Posts: 270Member Pioneering
    thanks Mary i thought i would be able to get housing benefit but didnt know about tax credits, i thought you had to work 30 hours to get tax credits! i dont think i would be able to cope working full time and was worried about having to work full time as my pip has been cut. now i know i can get tax credits i can relax.
Sign in or join us to comment.